Handbook of Resilience in Children: 2013 by Springer-Verlag New York Inc. (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $94.50Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $139.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionToday's children face a multitude of pressures, from the everyday challenges of life to the increasing threats of poverty, exploitation, and trauma. Central to growing up successfully is learning to deal with stress, endure hardships, and thrive despite adversity. Resilience - the ability to cope with and overcome life's difficulties - is a quality that can potentially be nurtured in all young people. The second edition of the Handbook of Resilience in Children updates and expands on its original focus of resilience in children who overcome adversity to include its development in those t considered at risk, leading to better outcomes for all children across the lifespan. Expert contributors examine resilience in relation to environmental stressors, as a phemen in child and adolescent disorders, and as a means toward positive adaptation into adulthood. New and revised chapters explore strategies for developing resilience in the family, the therapist's office, and the school as well as its nurturance in caregivers and teachers. Topics addressed include: Resilience in maltreated children and adults. Resilience and self-control impairment. Relational resilience in young and adolescent girls. Asset-building as an essential component of treatment. Assessment of social and emotional competencies related to resilience. Building resilience through school bullying prevention programs. Large-scale longitudinal studies on resilience. The second edition of the Handbook of Resilience in Children is a must-have reference for researchers, clinicians, allied practitioners and professionals, and graduate students in school and clinical psychology, education, pediatrics, psychiatry, social work, school counseling, and public health.
- Author BiographySam Goldstein, Ph.D., is a doctoral level psychologist with areas of study in school psychology, child development, and neuropsychology. He is licensed as a psychologist and certified as a developmental disabilities evaluator in the State of Utah. Dr. Goldstein is a Fellow in the National Academy of Neuropsychology and American Academy of Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine. Dr. Goldstein is an Assistant Clinical Instructor in the Department of Psychiatry. Since 1980, Dr. Goldstein has worked in a private practice setting as the Director of a multidisciplinary team, providing evaluation, case management, and treatment services for children and adults with histories of neurological disease and trauma, learning disability, adjustment difficulties, and attention deficit disorder. Dr. Goldstein is on staff at the University Neuropsychiatric Institute. He has served as a member of the Children's Hospital Craniofacial Team. He has also been a member of the Developmental Disabilities Clinic in the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Utah Medical School. Dr. Goldstein has authored, co-authored or edited 36 clinical and trade publications, including 13 text books dealing with managing children's behavior in the classroom, genetics, attention disorder and adult learning disabilities. With Barbara Ingersoll, Ph.D., he has co-authored texts dealing with controversial treatments for children's learning and attention problems and childhood depression. With Anne Teeter Ellison, he has authored Clinician's Guide to Adult ADHD: Assessment and Intervention. With Nancy Mather, Ph.D., he has completed 3 texts for teachers and parents concerning behavioral and educational issues. With Michael Goldstein, M.D., he has completed two texts on attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. He has edited 3 texts with Cecil Reynolds, Ph.D., on neurodevelopmental and genetic disorders in children. With Robert Brooks, Ph.D., he has authored 11 texts including, Handbook of Resilience in Children, Understanding and Managing Children's Classroom Behavior - 2nd Edition, Raising Resilient Children, Nurturing Resilience in Our Children, Seven Steps to Help Children Worry Less, Seven Steps to Anger Management, The Power of Resilience, Raising a Self-Disciplined Child and Raising Resilient Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders. With Jack Naglieri and Sally Ozonoff, Ph.D., he has authored a number of texts on autism, assessment of Intelligence and Executive Functioning. He has co-authored a parent training program and is currently completing a number of additional texts on resilience, ADHD and genetics. Dr. Goldstein is the Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Attention Disorders and serves on 7 Editorial Boards. He is also the Co-Editor of the Encyclopedia of Child Development and Behavior. With Jack Naglieri, Ph.D., Dr. Goldstein is the co-author of the Autism Spectrum Rating Scales, Comprehensive Executive Functioning Inventory, Rating Scales of Impairment and the Cognitive Assessment System - 2nd Edition. Dr. Goldstein, a knowledgeable and entertaining speaker, has lectured extensively on a national and international basis to thousands of professionals and parents concerning attention disorders in children, resilience, depression, adjustment and developmental impairments, autism, and assessment of brain dysfunction. Robert B. Brooks, Ph.D., has lectured nationally and internationally to audiences of parents, educators, mental health professionals, and business people on topics pertaining to motivation, resilience, self-esteem, family relationships, the qualities of effective leaders and executives, and balancing our personal and professional lives. He has also written extensively about these topics. He is the co-author with David Richman of The Charismatic Advisor: Becoming a Source of Strength in the Lives of Your Clients and author of The Self-Esteem Teacher. He is co-author with Dr. Sam Goldstein of the following books: Raising
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication27/11/2014
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note20 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight1211 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byRobert B. Brooks,Sam Goldstein
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.50Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.12
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $25.82
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $21.52Trending at AU $23.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.