Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $201.98Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $164.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'The book is a wonderful and much-needed addition to the corpus of scientifically based literature on learning and learning disabilities, especially reading disability' - Sally E. Shaywitz, MD, Co-Director, Yale Center for the Study of Learning and Attention and author of Overcoming Dyslexia . This book is a comprehensive reference on the theory and practice of evidence-based school neuropsychology. As new studies reveal disorders once thought behavioral or functional to be neurobiological or neurochemical in nature, clinical child neuropsychology has developed as an important discipline for understanding and treating a variety of child and adolescent disorders. With neuropsychological assessment more widely used in school settings than ever before, school psychologists require greater kwledge of both the discipline and its application in a school environment. Bridging theory and practice, The Handbook of School Neuropsychology provides critical information on neuroanatomy, assessment, and practical, evidence-based interventions for a variety of childhood neuropsychological difficulties and disabilities. Featuring contributions from leading experts, this groundbreaking resource covers all aspects of school neuropsychology, from training and credentialing, assessment, and intervention to understanding and serving students with specific disorders or diseases. This hands-on resource also features an appendix filled with useful tools, including a comprehensive neuropsychological questionnaire, sample neuropsychological evaluations, a list of associations, as well as sample neuropsychologically based IEPs. The text presents the material in five sections, covering: foundations of school neuropsychological practice; development, structure, and functioning of the brain; neuropsychological assessment for intervention; understanding and serving learners with diseases and disorders and from special populations; and, neuropsychological interventions in schools. The most comprehensive reference on the theory and practice of school neuropsychology, The Handbook of School Neuropsychology is an indispensable tool for school and child psychologists, special education professionals, and students in both fields.
- Author BiographyRIK CARL D'AMATO, PhD, NCSP, is Assistant Dean and Director of the Center for Collaborative Research in Education at the University of Northern Colorado, as well as Distinguished Harrison Professor of School Psychology and Director of the Neuropsychology Laboratory at UNC. He also serves as Editor of School Psychology Quarterly. ELAINE FLETCHER-JANZEN, EdD, NCSP, teaches at the University of Colorado, Colorado Springs, and consults to area school districts. She also serves as a trainer for American Guidance Service, a publisher of clinical assessment instruments for school psychologists. She has edited or authored more than a dozen books in special education, school psychology, and child neuropsychology. CECIL R. REYNOLDS, PhD, ABPN, is Professor of Educational Psychology, Professor of Neuroscience, and Distinguished Research Scholar at Texas A&M University. He has written or edited more than thirty-four books, and is the author of several widely used psychological assessment instruments. He is a past president of both the National Academy of Neuropsychology and the APA Division of Clinical Neuropsychology, and the current president of the APA Division of School Psychology.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication02/09/2005
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1649 g
- Width185 mm
- Height256 mm
- Spine42 mm
- Edited byCecil R. Reynolds,Elaine Fletcher-Janzen,Rik Carl D'Amato
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.49
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.88
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.78
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.