All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
About this product
- DescriptionA reference text with the latest information and research for educators, students, and researchers! World hunger and malnutrition remain an alarming concern that spurs researchers to develop quality techlogy. The Handbook of Seed Science and Techlogy is an extensive reference text for educators, students, practitioners, and researchers that focuses on the underlying mechanisms of seed biology and the impact of powerful biotechlogical approaches on world hunger, malnutrition, and consumer preferences. This comprehensive guide provides the latest available research from ted experts pointing out the likely directions of future developments as it presents a wealth of seed biology and techlogical information. Seed science is the all-important foundation of plant science study. The Handbook of Seed Science and Techlogy provides an integrative perspective that takes you through the fundamentals to the latest applications of seed science and techlogy. This resource provides a complete overview, divided into four sections: Seed Developmental Biology and Biotechlogy; Seed Dormancy and Germination; Seed Ecology; and Seed Techlogy. The Handbook of Seed Science and Techlogy examines: * the molecular control of ovule development * female gametophyte development * cytokinins and seed development * grain number determination in major grain crops * metabolic engineering of carbohydrate supply in plant reproductive development * enhancing the nutritive value of seeds by genetic engineering * the process of accumulation of seed proteins and using biotechlogy to improve crops * synthetic seeds * dormancy and germination * hormonal interactions during dormancy release and germination * photoregulation of seed germination * seed size * seed predation * natural defense mechanisms in seeds * seed protease inhibitors * soil seed banks * the ecophysiological basis of weed seed longevity in the soil * seed quality testing * seed vigor and its assessment * diagsis of seed-borne pathogens * seed quality in vegetable crops * vegetable hybrid seed production * practical hydration of seeds of tropical crops * seed techlogy in plant germplasm The Handbook of Seed Science and Techlogy is extensively referenced and packed with tables and diagrams, and makes an essential source for students, educators, researchers, and practitioners in seed science and techlogy.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/08/2005
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Place of PublicationAbingdon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFood Products Press,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1156 g
- Width152 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine45 mm
- Edited byAmarjit S. Basra
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.