All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSelf-regulated learning (or self-regulation) refers to the process whereby learners personally activate and sustain cognitions, affects, and behaviours that are systematically oriented toward the attainment of learning goals. This is the first volume to integrate into a single volume all aspects of the field of self-regulation of learning and performance: basic domains, applications to content areas, instructional issues, methodological issues, and individual differences. It draws on research from such diverse areas as cognitive, educational, clinical, social, and organizational psychology. Distinguishing features include: Chapter Structure - To ensure uniformity and coherence across chapters, each chapter author addresses the theoretical ideas underlying their topic, research evidence bearing on these ideas, future research directions, and implications for educational practice. International - Because research on self-regulation is increasingly global, a significant number of interntional contributors are included (see table of contents). Readable - In order to make the book accessible to students, chapters have been carefully edited for clarity, conciseness, and organizational consistency. Expertise - All chapters are written by leading researchers from around the world who are highly regarded experts on their particular topics and are active contributors to the field.
- Author BiographyBarry Zimmerman is Distinguished Professor of Educational Psychology at the Graduate Center of the City University of New York. Dale Schunk is Dean of the School of Education at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro and Professor of Curriculum and Instruction.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication13/04/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleEducational Psychology Handbook
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note17 black & white tables, 19 black & white line drawings
- Weight907 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byBarry J. Zimmerman,Dale H. Schunk
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $199.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.70Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $99.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.