All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt gives me immense pleasure to introduce this timely handbook to the research/- velopment communities in the ?eld of signal processing systems (SPS). This is the ?rst of its kind and represents state-of-the-arts coverage of research in this ?eld. The driving force behind information techlogies (IT) hinges critically upon the major advances in both component integration and system integration. The major breakthrough for the former is undoubtedly the invention of IC in the 50's by Jack S. Kilby, the Nobel Prize Laureate in Physics 2000. In an integrated circuit, all components were made of the same semiconductor material. Beginning with the pocket calculator in 1964, there have been many increasingly complex applications followed. In fact, processing gates and memory storage on a chip have since then grown at an exponential rate, following Moore's Law. (Moore himself admitted that Moore's Law had turned out to be more accurate, longer lasting and deeper in impact than he ever imagined. ) With greater device integration, various signal processing systems have been realized for many killer IT applications. Further breakthroughs in computer sciences and Internet techlogies have also catalyzed large-scale system integration. All these have led to today's IT revolution which has profound impacts on our lifestyle and overall prospect of humanity. (It is hard to imagine life today without mobiles or Internets!) The success of SPS requires a well-concerted integrated approach from mul- ple disciplines, such as device, design, and application.
- Author BiographyShuvra S. Bhattacharyya is a Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering University of Maryland at College Park. He holds a joint appointment in the University of Maryland Institute for Advanced Computer Studies (UMIACS. Dr. Bhattacharyya is coauthor or coeditor of five books and the author or coauthor of more than 150 refereed technical articles. Dr. Bhattacharyya is director of the Maryland DSPCAD Research Group. He serves as associate editor for the EURASIP Journal on Embedded Systems, International Journal of Embedded Systems, and Journal of Signal Processing Systems. Dr. Bhattacharyya has served as Chair of the IEEE Signal Processing Society Technical Committee on Design and Implementation of Signal Processing Systems (2008-2009). Dr. Bhattacharyya has been a Nokia Distinguished Lecturer (Finland, 2006) and Fulbright Senior Specialist (Germany, 2005 and Austria, 2009). He has received the NSF Career Award (1998). He has received Best Paper Awards at the International Workshop on Systems, Architectures, Modeling, and Simulation (2008); and IEEE Workshop on Signal Processing Systems (2007).
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/09/2010
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note100 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight1734 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine57 mm
- Edited byEd F. Deprettere,Jarmo Takala,Rainer Leupers,Shuvra S. Bhattacharyya
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.