All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionThe Handbook of Social Justice in Education, a comprehensive and up-to-date review of the field, addresses, from multiple perspectives, education theory, research, and practice in historical and ideological context, with an emphasis on social movements for justice. Each of the nine sections explores a primary theme of social justice and education: * Historical and Theoretical Perspectives * International Perspectives on Social Justice in Education * Race and Ethnicity, Language and Identity: Seeking Social Justice in Education * Gender, Sexuality and Social Justice in Education * Bodies, Disability and the Fight for Social Justice in Education * Youth and Social Justice in Education * Globalization: Local and World Issues in Education * The Politics of Social Justice Meets Practice: Teacher Education and School Change * Classrooms, Pedagogy, and Practicing Justice. Timely and essential, this is a must-have volume for researchers, professionals, and students across the fields of educational foundations, multicultural/diversity education, educational policy, and curriculum and instruction.
- Author BiographyWilliam Ayers is Distinguished Professor of Education at the University of Illinois at Chicago. Therese Quinn is Associate Professor of Art Education at The School of the Art Institute of Chicago. David Stovall is Associate Professor of Educational Policy Studies and African-American Studies at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication26/11/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRoutledge Member of the Taylor and Francis Group
- Content Note9 black & white tables
- Weight1383 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Edited byDavid Stovall,Therese M. Quinn,William Ayers
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.