All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince the publication of the first edition, miniaturization and natechlogy have become inextricably linked to traditional surface geometry and metrology. This interdependence of scales has had profound practical implications. Updated and expanded to reflect many new developments, Handbook of Surface and Nametrology, Second Edition determines how the reduction in scale of size from macro to na has affected all aspects of surface use and measurement. The book discusses how this shift has extended through characterization, standardization, manufacture, and performance. With natechlogy w permeating the text, this edition covers new methods of production and measurement as well as new performance requirements. Described as the father of digital metrology by the American Society for Precision Engineering, author David J. Whitehouse explores the range of surface size scales-macro, micro, na, atomic, and combinations of these. He examines traditional, structured, patterned, and free-form surfaces, emphasizing the growing need to understand the behavior of multiple surfaces. Still the definitive reference in the field, the second edition of this handbook continues to provide in-depth, extensive coverage of the engineering, physics, materials, mathematics, and computing involved in surface metrology and nametrology. Nothing concerning current surface geometry escapes inclusion or scrutiny in this book.
- Author BiographyRegarded as one of the world's top authorities on surface and nanometrology, David J. Whitehouse is professor emeritus of engineering science at the University of Warwick, where he was chief scientist in the School of Engineering. He has also been a consultant to numerous organizations, such as Rolls Royce, Taylor Hobson, Kodak, Unilever, General Motors, Caterpillar, 3M, Toshiba Japan, UBM Germany, and the Atomic Weapons Research Establishment. He has published 5 books and more than 250 technical papers, holds 23 patents, and was founding editor of the first peer-reviewed international journal on nanoscale science and technology, Nanotechnology. Professor Whitehouse has been a recipient of many awards, including the Lifetime Achievement Award from the American Society for Precision Engineering, the Champion of Metrology award from the National Physical Laboratory, and the Commemorative Medallion of the Mendeleev Institute of Metrology.
- Author(s)David J. Whitehouse
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication08/12/2010
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note1303 black & white illustrations, 96 black & white tables
- Weight2426 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine51 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.