All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
About this product
- DescriptionLogrmal distributions are one of the most commonly studied models in the sta- tistical literature while being most frequently used in the applied literature. The logrmal distributions have been used in problems arising from such diverse fields as hydrology, biology, communication engineering, environmental science, reliability, agriculture, medical science, mechanical engineering, material science, and pharma- cology. Though the logrmal distributions have been around from the beginning of this century (see Chapter 1), much of the work concerning inferential methods for the parameters of logrmal distributions has been done in the recent past. Most of these methods of inference, particUlarly those based on censored samples, involve extensive use of numerical methods to solve some nlinear equations. Order statistics and their moments have been discussed quite extensively in the literature for many distributions. It is very well kwn that the moments of order statistics can be derived explicitly only in the case of a few distributions such as exponential, uniform, power function, Pareto, and logistic. In most other cases in- cluding the logrmal case, they have to be numerically determined. The moments of order statistics from a specific logrmal distribution have been tabulated ear- lier. However, the moments of order statistics from general logrmal distributions have t been discussed in the statistical literature until w primarily due to the extreme computational complexity in their numerical determination.
- Author(s)N. Balakrishnan,W. S. Chen
- PublisherKluwer Academic Publishers
- Date of Publication01/03/1999
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKluwer Academic Publishers
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1546 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine46 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.