All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionA multidisciplinary team of experts examines violence from a resilience perspective Violence kws boundaries. It attacks in schools, in families, and even in the workforce-places that should be regarded as safe havens. Encompassing the ermity of violence through a comprehensive, biopsychosocial perspective, Handbook of Violence examines community, school, family, and workplace violence, including identification, classification, prevention, and interview programs and case management. Written by the leading authorities in their fields, this groundbreaking compilation: Reviews how children and adolescents from violent homes are detrimentally affected in multiple ways, including short- and long-term consequences that seriously impair their psychological, social, educational, and physical development Explores issues related to the occurrence of domestic violence in African-American families, presenting an array of theoretical formulations that may prove useful to practitioners who must service both victims and perpetrators Examines the prevalence of female juvenile delinquency and reviews the literature from a sociological and practice perspective Focuses on the current trends and issues surrounding youth gang violence,discussing identification, classification, and prediction as they relate to gang violence as well as effective prevention and intervention Addresses the identification, classification, and prediction of school violence among middle-school and high-school youth Covers the broad range of cases that are classified as workplace violence, examining the differences in definition and analyzing the bases for the growing prevalence of incidents Topics include: Violence within families through the life span Adolescent dating violence Assessing violent behavior Domestic violence in Lati cultures Conduct disorder and substance abuse Youth gang violence School violence Preventing workplace violence Domestic violence in the workplace And much more
- Author BiographyLISA A. RAPP-PAGLICCI, PhD, is an assistant professor at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. ALBERT R. ROBERTS, PhD, is a professor at Rutgers University. JOHN S. WODARSKI, PhD, is a professor at the University of Tennessee and a consulting editor for John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Author(s)Albert R. Roberts,John S. Wodarski,Lisa A. Rapp-Paglicci
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication12/04/2002
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight1034 g
- Width187 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine36 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.