Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides an overview of the fundamentals and classification of technical avalanche protection. It describes in detail the design, construction and maintenance of protection structures as well as temporary technical measures.
- Author BiographyThe editors: Dipl.-Ing. Dr. Florian Rudolf-Miklau is an expert on torrent and avalanche control. In 2002 he became an advisor for technical protection and project financing at the Federal Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry, Environment and Water Management in Vienna. He is Chair of the Austrian standards committee ON-K 256 Protection against natural hazards and member of the advisory board of the INTERPRAEVENT research society as well as lecturer at the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences and Vienna Technical University. He also acts as a court-certified expert. Dipl.-Ing. Siegfried Sauermoser is director of the Tyrolean Section of the Forest Engineering Service in Torrent and Avalanche Control in Innsbruck, Austria. He has 12 years of work experience as project manager for avalanche barriers. He acts as Lecturer at the University of Vienna, University of Innsbruck and University Center Svalbard in Spitzbergen, Norway. He is a juridical certified expert for torrent and avalanche protection structures and a member of the Austrian Board for Alpine Safety.
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication20/04/2011
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWilhelm Ernst & Sohn Verlag fur Architektur und technische Wissenschaften
- Weight1116 g
- Width180 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byFlorian Rudolf-Miklau,Siegfried Sauermoser
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.