All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMetalsmiths reveal new findings in jewelry trends! Following up their best-selling book Handcrafted Wire Findings, Denise Peck and Jane Dickerson give jewelers more techniques, more (and different) findings, and more inspiration. Handcrafted Metal Findings features 30 step-by-step tutorials for metal findings that require only basic jewelry-making skills. Working with precut metal blanks and thin-gauge sheet metal, Denise, Jane, and several contributing artists have created great-looking findings-head pins, bead caps, bails, charms, connectors, cones, and more-all without a lot of effort. All the metalwork can be done with basic tools- saws, flex shaft, oxy/acetylene tanks. Metal pieces are hole-punched, dapped, hammered, textured with stamps and tools, colorized, oxidized, and patinated. Construction techniques include simple soldering with a micro torch and cold connections such as riveting. Finished gallery pieces that incorporate some of the findings provide additional inspiration in this inspiration- and information-packed book.
- Author BiographyDenise Peck is the editor of Step by Step Wire Jewelry magazine and the author of 101 Wire Earrings, Wire Style, and Wire Style 2. She is also the coauthor of Handcrafted Wire Findings, The Wireworker's Companion, and Wire + Metal. Denise lives in Pennsylvania. Jane Dickerson is the author of Chain Style, coauthor of Handcrafted Wire Findings, The Wireworker's Companion, and Wire + Metal, and a freelance editor, writer, and jewelry designer. She was formerly the editor of Step by Step Beads, Creative Jewelry, and Bead Star magazines and a contributing editor to Step by Step Wire Jewelry magazine.
- Author(s)Denise Peck,Jane Dickerson
- PublisherInterweave Press Inc
- Date of Publication31/07/2015
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLoveland, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInterweave Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight445 g
- Width216 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine1 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.