All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn intimate and revealing collection of photographs of astonishingly beautiful, iconic, and undiscovered mid-century interiors. Among significant mid-century interiors, ne are more celebrated yet underpublished as the homes created by architects and interior designers for themselves. This collection of newly commissioned photographs presents the most compelling homes by influential mid-century designers, such as Russel Wright, George Nakashima, Harry Bertoia, Charles and Ray Eames, and Eva Zeisel, among others. Intimate as well as revelatory, Williamson s photographs show these creative homes as they were lived in by their designers: Walter Gropius s historic Bauhaus home in Massachusetts; Albert Frey s floating modernist aerie on a Palm Springs rock outcropping; Wharton Esherick s completely handmade Pennsylvania house, from the organic handcarved staircase to the iconic furniture. Personal and breathtaking by turn these homes are exemplary studies of domestic modernism at its warmest and most creative.
- Author BiographyLeslie Williamson is a photographer based in San Francisco. Her work has appeared in Dwell, Surface, and Travel + Leisure magazines.
- Author(s)Leslie Williamson
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication01/10/2010
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRizzoli International Publications
- Content Note250 Photographs
- Weight1261 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine31 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $50.31
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.