All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat rights do parents or doctors have to terminate a life? How disabled is too disabled? As a parent, how far would you go to save someone you love?..Willow O'Keefe is born with osteogenesis imperfecta, or brittle bone disease, which means she will suffer hundreds of broken bones as she grows, and a lifetime of pain. As the family struggles to cover medical expenses, her mother Charlotte decides to file a wrongful birth lawsuit against her obstetrician for the compensation which might ensure a lifetime of care for Willow...But it means that Charlotte has to say in a court of law that she would have terminated the pregnancy if she'd kwn about the disability in advance. And the obstetrician she's suing isn't just her physician - she's her best friend...Handle with Care is an absorbing narrative which also questions the basis of medical ethics and of personal morality.
- Author BiographyJODI PICOULT is the author of twenty novels. Her most recent, Leaving Time, The Storyteller and Lone Wolf, have all been number one on the Australian and New Zealand fiction bestseller lists. Jodi lives in New Hampshire with her husband and three children. Read more about Jodi on her website: www.jodipicoult.com.au..
- Author(s)Jodi Picoult
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication07/01/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintAllen & Unwin
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $71.69New
- AU $30.94New
- AU $16.35New
- AU $12.77Used
- AU $79.12New
- AU $18.65New
- AU $109.14New
- AU $22.33New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $30.68
- AU $24.96Trending at AU $30.94
- AU $12.20Trending at AU $16.35
- AU $76.70Trending at AU $79.12
- AU $74.56Trending at AU $82.96
- AU $10.58Trending at AU $16.79
- AU $19.17Trending at AU $20.83
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.