All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn any acute neurologic condition situations come up which generate questions about management. In a deteriorating patient there is a strain in decision making and many acute problems are hard calls. Handling Difficult Situations includes solutions for these reoccurring dilemmas. Each topic is carefully chosen and reflects clinical practice. The book addresses how to recognize treatable coma, how to judge the severity of traumatic brain and spine injury, and discusses how to recognize neurosurgical emergencies. Handling Difficult Situations also includes recognition and management of acute respiratory neuromuscular failure. A separate chapter discusses errors in CT scan evaluation of acute neurologic conditions.
- Author BiographyEelco F. M. Wijdicks, MD, PhD, FNCS, FANA, is a Professor of Neurology at the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine. He is the Chair of the Division of Critical Care Neurology, and a Consultant for the Neurosciences Intensive Care Unit at Saint Marys Hospital, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota.
- Author(s)Eelco F. M. Wijdicks
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication15/05/2014
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleCore Principles of Acute Neurology
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Note27 illustrations
- Weight368 g
- Width166 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.