All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis introductory work consists of two parts. In the first part, the most important aspects of analytic speech act theory are described and discussed. A central part of this is defining a general concept of human action and the question of how we communicatively handle actions. In the second part of the introduction, the basic assumptions of a theory of speech acts are discussed based on the speech act theories by Austin and Searle, as well as on Grice's communication theory.
- Author BiographyGisela Harras ist Professorin fur germanistische Linguistik an der Universitat Mannheim und wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiterin in der Abteilung Lexik am Institut fur Deutsche Sprache, Mannheim.
- Author(s)Gisela Harras
- PublisherDe Gruyter
- Date of Publication26/04/2004
- Series Titlede Gruyter Studienbuch
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWalter de Gruyter & Co
- Weight603 g
- Width135 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement2nd
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.