All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title helps you learn about the legendary Norse raiders, with 15 step-by-step projects and more than 350 exciting pictures. You can step back in time to the age of the seafaring Vikings - find out about the ships they sailed in, the distant lands they explored, and the wars they waged. Fact boxes provide additional insights and indicate links with the present. 15 simple and enjoyable projects allow you to recreate the past - build a model Viking house, make a shield ready for battle, sculpt a brooch and a bracelet from clay, bake a Viking loaf, learn to write your name in runes, and play an ancient Norse board game. It is packed with over 350 photographs and illustrations, including a pictorial timeline, cross sections, historical maps and clear step pictures for every technique. It is ideal for home or school use for 8- to 12-year-olds. This fascinating fact and project book is the perfect introduction to Viking history. You can discover how these amazing people lived their lives, the food they ate, the clothes they wore, the heroes they revered, the weapons they used, and the lands they conquered. Practical projects really help young readers to understand what life was like in the past - make a Viking drinking horn, create a lucky charm inspired by the Norse thunder god Thor, build a model of a mighty longship, and construct a full-size battle helmet.
- Author(s)Philip Steele
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication30/11/2012
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationLeicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArmadillo Books
- Content Noteover 350 pictures
- Weight635 g
- Width228 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.