All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'This excellent new text from the handwriting specialist Rosemary Sassoon will be of great interest to secondary school SENCOs and a range of other staff supporting children who are experiencing difficulties with handwriting' - SENCO Update A considerable proportion of pupils leave primary school unable to write well eugh to deal with the demands of secondary school. This invative new book aims to help teachers and SENCOs to work alongside pupils to help them address their own difficulties. The book has three parts: Part one explores the various issues which underpin any discussion of handwriting: letterforms; the pros and cons of handwriting models; how to help children write at speed; writing posture; pens and pen hold; left-handedness; talking to parents; and some of the common causes of handwriting problems. Part two presents a series of examples of handwriting in photocopiable form, aimed principally at the pupils but with full teacher support, designed to show pupils a range of handwriting problems, helping them them to self-diagse and work towards improvement. Each page offers practical tips and help for pupils with difficulties.All of the photocopiable material is also provided in electronic format on the companion website. Part three sets out a diagstic technique for teachers to follow, outlining three approaches to tackling handwriting problems: a quick, small-group assessment; providing one-to-one help; and working with a whole class. Each approach is outlined in detail, offering advice on effective observation, procedures to follow in giving appropriate practical help to pupils, and how to assess progress. Part three also offers guidelines for designing checklists, and the role of surveys and research. Authoritative, wide-ranging and full of practical help, this book will be particularly useful for secondary teachers, secondary SENCOs and teaching support staff. Rosemary Sassoon is an independent consultant and lecturer, based in Seveaks, Kent. She is the author of Handwriting: The Way to Teach it, Paul Chapman Publishing, 2003.
- Author BiographyRosemary Sassoon is an independent consultant and lecturer, based in Sevenoaks, Kent. She is the author of Handwriting: The Way to Teach it, Paul Chapman Publishing, 2003.
- Author(s)Rosemary Sassoon
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication16/10/2006
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPaul Chapman Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight349 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.67
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.63Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.25
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $98.79
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.