All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionI'm just as good as bloody Pierrepoint. In his small pub in Oldham, Harry is something of a local celebrity. But what's the second-best hangman in England to do on the day they've abolished hanging? Amongst the cub reporters and sycophantic pub regulars, dying to hear Harry's reaction to the news, a peculiar stranger lurks, with a very different motive for his visit. Don't worry. I may have my quirks but I'm t an animal. Or am I? One for the courts to discuss. Martin McDonagh's Hangmen premiered at the Royal Court Theatre, London, in September 2015. It won the Laurence Olivier Award for Best New Play 2016.
- Author BiographyMartin McDonagh's first play, The Beauty Queen of Leenane, was nominated for six Tony awards, of which it won four, and the Laurence Olivier Award. In 2003, his play The Pillowman had its world premiere at the National Theatre, London, and received the 2004 Olivier Award. In 2006, Martin McDonagh won an Oscar for his short film Six Shooter. In Bruges won a BAFTA for Best Original Screenplay His most recent works include In Bruges, A Behanding in Spokane and Seven Psychopaths.
- Author(s)Martin McDonagh
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication17/09/2015
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Weight130 g
- Width126 mm
- Height199 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.