All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCCBC's Best Books for Kids & Teens, 2008 Wake up, Hanna Bear!Hanna Bear can smell winter coming. It's time to find a den and soze through the cold days and nights until spring because that is what bears do. But this year Hanna longs to see Christmas, so her friends agree to get her up for the special day. It isn't that easy to wake up a sleeping bear. When the mountain goat butts the door of her den, Hanna doesn't stir. So the moose tries, but even the sound of his antlers scraping back and forth doesn't wake up Hanna. The spruce grouse tries, and then the swshoe hare, but one can make eugh ise.What are they going to do? They don't want to disappoint Hanna. But each one has made as much ise as they can. What more can they do?Children will enjoy making their own brand of ise as they follow along with the animals and help wake up Hanna. And they'll revel in the magic of a Christmas night, as they follow Hanna and her friends through the woods. A fun story for little ones about when to cooperate, when to make ise, and when to be silent.
- Author BiographyMonica Devine writes both fiction and non-fiction for children and adults, and she is a past nominee for the Golden Kite Award for outstanding work in children's non-fiction. Her titles include Carry Me, Mama, and Iditarod: The Greatest Win Ever. Monica lives in Eagle River, Alaska.Sean Cassidy has written and illustrated a number of titles, including Wake up, Henry Rooster, Gummytoes, a Blue Spruce Award nominee, and Good to be Small, which won the Mr. Christie's Book Award Silver Seal. The Chicken Cat, which marked his debut as a picture book illustrator won both the Mr. Christie's Book Award Gold Seal and the Ruth Schwartz Award. Sean lives near Orangeville, Ontario.
- Author(s)Monica Devine
- PublisherFitzhenry & Whiteside
- Date of Publication19/09/2007
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFitzhenry & Whiteside
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight440 g
- Width236 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Sean Cassidy
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,Picture book,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.