All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHans Urs von Balthasar (1905-1988) was one of the most prolific and influential theologians of the twentieth century. This book, the first English-language study of Balthasar, seeks to show the fruitfulness of his thought by drawing out its philosophical implications for the question of truth. D. C. Schindler argues that a dramatic approach, shaping both the form and content of philosophy, enables a new conception of being, of human consciousness, and of their coming together to satisfy both traditional concerns about unity and postmodern calls for difference-while avoiding the pitfalls of a one-sided emphasis on either.
- Author BiographyD. C. Schindler is Visiting Associate Professor of Philosophy at Villanova University and the associate editor of Communio.
- Author(s)David C. Schindler
- PublisherFordham University Press
- Date of Publication28/02/2004
- Series TitlePerspectives in Continental Philosophy
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 34
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFordham University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight789 g
- Width5830 mm
- Height3895 mm
- Spine34 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.