All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMy First Reading Book is an illustrated first reading series for 3- to 5-year-olds. Simple vocabulary and imaginative drawings of all the characters and locations ensure that children can follow as you read, or try for themselves. Interactive writing exercises and a maze at the back of the book provide a valuable aid to learning. It is a delightful retelling of a classic fairy tale, with a fresh and lively storyline designed to appeal to young readers. When a woodcutter and his wife become too poor to feed their two children, they reluctantly abandon little Hansel and Gretel. The children wander through the woods, cold and hungry, until they happen upon a house - and what an unusual house it is. The walls are made of gingerbread, the roof is made of icing, the windows are spun sugar, and door is made from marshmallow. Who could live in such a place...? The timeless tale is retold in this enchanting book, with appropriate vocabulary and familiar language that children can easily follow.
- Author BiographyJanet Brown is an established adapter, author, illustrator and narrator of children's books. Ken Morton has worked for more than twenty years as an artist and illustrator in a wide range of fields.
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication13/11/2013
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationLeicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArmadillo Books
- Content Noteillustrations throughout
- Weight245 g
- Width188 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Illustrator(s)Ken Morton
- Interest Age3-5
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.