Happily Even After: A Guide to Getting Through (and Beyond) the Grief of Widowhood by Carole Brody Fleet (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $23.22Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.34+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe issues that surround the loss of a spouse are numerous and complex. A very small sampling of these issues include helping children cope with a parent's death, re-entering the workplace and eventually re-entering the world of dating, love and intimacy; as well as moving through a profoundly emotional period. The widowed must find a way to accept and deal with these oftentimes conflicting and confusing emotions while being expected to carry on and carry forward by those around them. The widowed must also adjust financially and legally; as well as be available to children that inevitably look to their surviving parent for guidance and support. Whether newly widowed or widowed for many years, those who has suffered the loss of a spouse have many questions that need answering and they likely kw one who is adequately qualified to answer those questions. Award-winning author and grief recovery expert, Carole Brody Fleet follows up the critically acclaimed: Widows Wear Stilettos with the aptly-titled, Happily Even After, the first and only book of its kind; answering the most common questions that the widowed generally have both immediately following a spouse's death as well as months and even years thereafter. These questions are excerpted from thousands of actual letters received by the author and the responses are from the author's own perspective; based upon considerable personal and professional experience and insight. Since the questions featured are the more commonly asked questions by those who are themselves widowed, readers will likely find answers to most of the questions that they have concerning widowhood; dealing with everything from child rearing as a widowed parent to coping with relatives who fancy themselves financial wizards, to the rules of intimacy ...and a wide-ranging variety of subjects in between. In her warm, witty and wise tone, Carole walks widows through the shock and overwhelming sadness and back into the land of the living. Whether you are a young woman in the early years of a marriage, a Golden Anniversary celebrant or a widow of the heart who lost a signifigant other with legal claims, Fleet will hold your hand and offer you practical tools for any problem you may face. Most importantly, Happily EVEN After will help you reclaim YOU.
- Author BiographyCarole Brody Fleet is the award-winning author of Widows Wear Stilettos: A Practical and Emotional Guide for the Young Widow, (New Horizon Press); Happily EVEN After: A Guide to Getting Through (and Beyond!) the Grief of Widowhood (Viva Editions, 2012), as well as the author and executive producer of the bestselling CD, entitled, Widows Wear Stilettos: What Now? . She is the Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Widows Wear Stilettos, Inc. Using a fresh approach and putting a unique twist on her topics, Ms. Fleet is a popular motivational speaker to those who have been touched by the pain and challenge of loss; regardless of age. With her own inimitable message of What Now and What Next , Ms. Fleet educates, motivates, inspires, enlightens and offers practical, emotional and even humorous guidance to the millions who have experienced loss, tragedy or a challenge in their lives. Ms. Fleet also speaks to general audiences of all ages; addressing such issues as goal-setting and achievement; overcoming obstacles; time management; stress management; work and life balance; leadership or leaner-ship ; giving back / effecting change and finding the powerful voice within - and does so in an uplifting, witty manner. Ms. Fleet makes guest appearances on national, regional and local television; appears as a regular guest on numerous radio programs in the United States and Canada and is a featured expert in many well-known international and national magazines, newspapers and websites in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. She addresses a wide variety of topics; including, but not limited to: caregiving, illness and loss / post-loss issues; as well as matters relating to financial transition after loss or divorce; raising children who have lost a parent; re-entering the world of dating and love and most importantly, making a return to a fulfilling and abundant life after the loss of a spouse; as well as after any kind of loss, tragedy, challenge or life difficulty.
- Author(s)Carole Brody Fleet
- PublisherViva Editions
- Date of Publication15/05/2012
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintViva Editions
- Weight342 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Foreword byLisa Kline
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.