All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEvery Friday Louie sees the hustle and bustle behind the scenes at his grandpa's Chinese restaurant. The chef's hands fly as he chops vegetables, the delivery boy zips in for a pickup, and the waiters holler out order after order. Then it's time to eat. Grandpa offers Louie a whole fish and crabs. 'No, thank you, Grandpa'! But the dumplings, egg rolls, and chow mein sure look good. No trip to the Chinese restaurant is complete without a fortune cookie: 'Happy food, happy belly, happy smile'. Caldecott Hour-winner Rachel Isadora brings a dynamic restaurant to life with beautiful cut-paper collages reminiscent of Eric Carle and Ezra Jack Keats.
- Author BiographyRACHEL ISADORA, a former ballet dancer, has illustrated many books, including the Caldecott Honor Book Ben's Trumpet, which was also a Boston Globe-Horn Book Honor Book, Yo, Jo! and Uh-Oh! She lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Rachel Isadora
- PublisherHarcourt Children's Books
- Date of Publication25/06/2010
- SubjectPicture Books
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarcourt Children's Books
- Out-of-print date15/03/2014
- Content Notefull-colour illustrations throughout
- Weight327 g
- Width229 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $247.00Trending at AU $288.91
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $32.69
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.76
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.69
- AU $49.63Trending at AU $52.62
- AU $31.62Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $27.37Trending at AU $30.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.