All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWe all want to be happy, but what does that mean? Happy Lives, Good Lives: A Philosophical Examination offers a thorough introduction to a variety of perspectives on happiness. Valuable insights are inferred from both philosophical and scientific research into the nature of happiness, and a range of examples of very different but equally happy lives are considered. Among the questions at issue: Is happiness only a state of mind, or is it something more? Is it the same for everyone? Is it under our control, and if so, to what extent? Can we be mistaken about whether we are happy? What role, if any, does happiness play in living a good life? Is it sometimes morally wrong to pursue happiness? Should governments promote happiness through public policy? The asking and answering of these questions is valuable t only as an intellectual exercise, but also as a means of gaining practical insight into how best to pursue a happy life.
- Author BiographyJennifer Wilson Mulnix is Associate Professor of Philosophy at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, USA. M.J. Mulnix is Associate Professor of Philosophy at Salem State University, USA.
- Author(s)Jennifer Wilson Mulnix,M. J. Mulnix
- PublisherBroadview Press Ltd
- Date of Publication30/07/2015
- Place of PublicationPeterborough
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintBroadview Press Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width165 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.