All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the most beloved and prolific writers of Yiddish literature, Sholom Aleichem (1859 1916) produced a wealth of wonderful stories that combine traditional Jewish oral humor with Western literary tradition. For years a living legend, he wrote enduring gems of fiction, eleven of which are included in this entertaining collection.The master storyteller brilliantly recaptures the joy and tribulations of Jewish life in such tales as Geese, At the Doctor's, Three Widows, The Passover Eve Vagabonds, On America, Someone to Envy, Three Calendars, The Ruined Passover, the title story, and two others. Introduced and ably translated by Curt Leviant, these tales sparkle with wit, wisdom, and a warm humanity that will appeal to a wide audience of readers, especially those with an interest in Jewish cultural life.
- Author BiographySolomon Naumovich Rabinovich (1859 1916), better known as Sholom Aleichem, fled the Russian pogroms and eventually settled in the United States. His tales of life in his native country inspired theBroadway musical Fiddler on the Roof.
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication28/03/2003
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Out-of-print date30/03/2010
- Weight82 g
- Width133 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.