All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNowruz -- the Persian New Year -- is one of the world's great festivals, a full month of activities celebrating the earth, the arrival of spring, and the rebirth of nature. Most of all, it is a festival for families. Children and adults alike can share in preparing special meals, decorating the house, and performing the many ceremonies that welcome the New Year. This book is a guide to customs thousands of years old yet as vital as ever -- enjoyable for families matter where they live or what their beliefs. This book offers twenty-five fun, easy, and invative Nowruz recipes, with lots of photos to show you what to do. This is an ideal guide for parents, teachers, and kids -- age six and older -- to kw more about the origins of Nowruz and to get everyone involved in preparing for the arrival of spring by: Baking Haji Firuz cookies; Germinating seeds in eggshells; Colouring eggs; Making a Nowruz garland; Jumping over fires; Setting the Haft-sinn (seven-s) holiday table; Planting narcissus and hyacinth bulbs; Selecting and buying goldfish; Banging spoons for trick-or-treating; Cooking the Nowruz dinner; Enjoying the Outdoor Thirteen picnic.
- Author BiographyNajmieh Batmanglij was born and raised in Tehran, Iran. She received her Masters degree in the U.S., and has spent the last 25 years traveling through much of the ancient Silk Road region where she has worked with regional chefs and home cooks adapting authentic recipes to tastes and techniques in the West. She is the leading authority of Persian cuisine and the author of five cookbooks, including the best selling New Food of Life: Ancient Persian and Modern Iranian Cooking and Ceremonies described by the Los Angeles Times as the definitive Persian cookbook. She is a member of Les Dames d'Escoffier and has given lectures and taught cooking at a number of venues, including: The Culinary Institute of America, The International Association of Culinary Professionals, Harvard University, L'Academie de Cuisine, and The Smithsonian Institution. She lives in Washington, DC, where she teaches master classes in Persian and Silk Road cooking.
- Author(s)Najmieh Batmanglij
- PublisherMage Publishers
- Date of Publication04/03/2015
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMage Publishers
- Content Notecolour photos & illus
- Weight436 g
- Width210 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $234.90Trending at AU $288.63
- AU $30.64Trending at AU $32.14
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.71
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.67
- AU $31.61Trending at AU $38.32
- AU $42.82Trending at AU $43.94
- AU $19.71Trending at AU $23.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.