Happy: Simple Steps for Getting the Most Out of Life by Ian K. Smith (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $35.51Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $11.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIan K. Smith, M.D., has inspired millions to lose weight - both through his effective diet books and through his outreach work with the 50 Million Pound Challenge . By counselling dieters, he's learned that achieving hard-fought goals can make a person happy for a time, but that these accomplishments don't necessarily lead to long-term happiness. In Happy , Dr. Ian has created a programme that will motivate readers to tap into behaviours and mindsets that work and last. It's t euphoria Smith is after. With his expertise he can help anyone reach their personal high-mark of positive feelings. You don't have to overhaul your life for enduring happiness; simple steps you start today can spark big and permanent change. By focusing on ideas like these, Happy gives you all the tools and exercises you need for a fulfilled and happy life: how to be optimistic; why optimism and realism are t opposites; the importance of family and community; how to get outside of yourself; why involvement leads to contentment; tapping the power of simple pleasures; and, how to be, t just do. From one of America's most compelling and trusted voices, Happy delivers what its title promises.
- Author BiographyIan K. Smith, M.D., is the number one bestselling author of The Fat Smash Diet, Extreme Fat Smash Diet, The 4 Day Diet, The 4 Day Detox and EAT. He is a medical contributor on The View and The Rachael Ray Show, the diet expert on VH1's Celebrity Fit Club, and host of the nationally syndicated radio show Healthwise on American Urban Radio Networks. He writes a medical column for Men's Health magazine. He has written for various publications including Time and Newsweek, and been featured in People, Essence, Ebony and Cosmopolitan, among others. He is a former medical correspondent for NBC and for NewsChannel 4 in New York, where he filed reports for NBC's Nightly News and The Today Show. In 2007, he created the 50 Million Pound Challenge, a free national weight loss initiative with a growing list of more than 1.9 million people registered. Dr. Smith graduated from Harvard College with an AB and received a master's in science education from Columbia University. He attended Dartmouth Medical School and completed the last two years of his medical education and graduated from the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine. A native of Danbury, Connecticut, Dr. Smith currently resides in Manhattan.
- Author(s)Ian K. Smith
- PublisherGriffin Publishing
- Date of Publication15/03/2011
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSaint Martin's Griffin,U.S.
- Out-of-print date26/06/2012
- Weight222 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.95Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.