Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionIn this salty, maritime classic, Stephen Jones describes a youthful year spent at a lighthouse. The passage of four seasons brings hilarious, touching, somber, and terrifying adventures. The tower and its assorted keepers, each in his way, are assaulted by vessels run amok, by boozy and lascivious fishermen, by birds, fogs, fantasies, and the looming specter of a storm. First published in 1981, it is reissued with a new introduction by the author.
- Author BiographySTEPHEN JONES is owner of West Mystic Wooden Boat Company and author of eight other books, including Working Thin Waters: Conversations with Captain Lawrence H. Malloy, Jr. (UPNE, 2001). He has also served in the Coast Guard, worked on lobster boats, and captained cruises to the West Indies. For the last 30 years he has taught courses on literature, the environment, and the sea at the maritime branch of the University of Connecticut.
- Author(s)Stephen Jones
- PublisherBibliopola Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication31/12/2000
- Place of PublicationStorrs
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBibliopola Press,U.S.
- Content Note32 illus.
- Weight485 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Illustrator(s)Richard Brown
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.