All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionThis updated edition offers an indispensable exposition on real-time computing, with particular emphasis on predictable scheduling algorithms. It introduces the fundamental concepts of real-time computing, demonstrates the most significant results in the field, and provides the essential methodologies for designing predictable computing systems used to support time-critical control applications. Along with an in-depth guide to the available approaches for the implementation and analysis of real-time applications, this revised edition contains a close examination of recent developments in real-time systems, including limited preemptive scheduling, resource reservation techniques, overload handling algorithms, and adaptive scheduling techniques. This volume serves as a fundamental advanced-level textbook. Each chapter provides basic concepts, which are followed by algorithms, illustrated with concrete examples, figures and tables. Exercises and solutions are provided to enhance self-study, making this an excellent reference for those interested in real-time computing for designing and/or developing predictable control applications.
- Author BiographyGiorgio Buttazzo is Full Professor of Computer Engineering at the Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna of Pisa. He graduated in Electronic Engineering at the University of Pisa in 1985, received a Master in Computer Science at the University of Pennsylvania in 1987, and a Ph.D. in Computer Engineering at the Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna of Pisa in 1991. From 1987 to 1988, he worked on active perception and real-time control at the G.R.A.S.P. Laboratory of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia. From 1991 to 1998, he held a position of Assistant Professor at the Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna of Pisa, where he founded and coordinated the RETIS Laboratory on real-time systems. From 1998 to 2005, he held a position of Associate Professor at the University of Pavia, where he directed the robotics laboratory of the Computer Science department. His main research interests include real-time operating systems, dynamic scheduling algorithms, quality of service control, multimedia systems, advanced robotics applications, and neural networks.
- Author(s)Giorgio C. Buttazzo
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication15/09/2011
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleReal-Time Systems Series
- Series Part/Volume Number24
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight929 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement3rd ed. 2011
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.