Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
About this product
- DescriptionThough we have encountered our share of grief and troubles on this earth, we can still hold the line of beauty, form, and beat. No small accomplishment in a world as challenging as this one. from the preface I was born to grow, alongside my garden of plants, poemslikethis one So writes Alice Walker in this new book of poems, poems composed over the course of one year in response to joy and sorrow both personal and global: the death of loved ones, war, the deliciousness of love, environmental devastation, the sorrow of rejection, greed, poverty, and the sweetness of home. The poems embrace our connections while celebrating the joy of individuality, the power we each share to express our truest, deepest selves. Beloved for her ability to speak her own truth in ways that speak for and about countless others, she demonstrates that we are stronger than our circumstances. As she confronts personal and collective challenges, her words dance, sing, and heal.
- Author BiographyAlice Walker is known around the world for her fiction, poetry, essays, and human rights activism. She was honored with the 2010 Lennon Ono Grant for Peace and has been inducted into the California Hall of Fame. She lives in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Author(s)Alice Walker
- PublisherNew World Library
- Date of Publication06/11/2010
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNovato, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew World Library
- Out-of-print date02/08/2016
- Content Note18 Black and White Illustrations
- Weight313 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.