All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow do you sufficiently progress beyond the status quo when an entire rural community views the status quo as sufficient progress? Educating children in poverty remains the most important educational challenge of our time. What few people kw is this: the rate of child poverty in our nation's rural communities is actually higher than it is in our country's urban centers. Hardball Leadership is a best practices guide for rural school leaders who are passionate about closing the achievement gap and committed to leading their districts to significant academic improvement. Based upon original research that examined the leadership practices of effective rural superintendents who led their districts to dramatic academic improvement, this book's insights include: *Establishing a strong academic culture where every student can and will be successful *Developing a system for improving teacher instructional performance *Fostering an academically-focused partnership with the board of education *Managing school-based controversy in a productive way *Building and sustaining a financially strong district This leadership handbook will help rural school leaders build an academic pathway that will lead their students towards a happy and prosperous life.
- Author BiographyMark E. Forner is a former school board president, high school principal and Teach For America classroom teacher. Along with having an MBA from Notre Dame and PhD from Western Michigan University, Forner is a proud graduate of Hart High School - a small, rural public school located on Michigan's western coastline.
- Author(s)Mark Forner
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication16/08/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Weight367 g
- Width154 mm
- Height223 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $22.44Trending at AU $24.03
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.