Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionThe purpose of this research was to implement a Transform Domain Communication System (TDCS) in hardware and compare experimental bit error performance with results published in literature. The intent is to demonstrate the effectiveness or ineffectiveness of a TDCS in communicating binary data across a real channel. In this case, an acoustic channel that is laden with narrowband interference was considered. A TDCS user pair was constructed to validate the proposed design using Matlab to control a PC sound card. The proposed TDCS design used the Bartlett method of spectrum estimation, the spectral tching algorithm found in TDCS literature, quadrature phase shift keying, and minimum mean square error transverse equalization to mitigate the effects of ise and intersymbol interference. Water-filling was evaluated as an alternative to spectral tching for performing waveform design and is shown to perform equivalently. Validated software was migrated to code suitable for use onboard a Digital Signal Processor Starter Kit (DSK). Two DSK boards were used, one for transmission and reception, and bit error performance results were obtained. Bit error analysis reveals that the TDCS hardware performs approximately the same as literature suggests.
- Author(s)Marshall E Haker
- Date of Publication20/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight204 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.