All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionOriginally constructed in the late 16th century for the torious Bess of Hardwick, Countess of Shrewsbury, Hardwick Hall is w among the National Trust's greatest architectural landmarks, with much of its original interior and ornamentation still intact. This splendid publication is the definitive source of scholarship on the remarkably well-preserved exemplar of late-Elizabethan style. Composed of extensive research and newly commissioned photography, this beautifully illustrated book traces the history of the house and its inhabitants through the centuries, showcasing a remarkable collection of portraiture, tapestries, furniture, and gardens, and providing readers with a genuine sense of the house's environment.
- Author BiographyDavid Adshead is chief curator and David Taylor is curator of paintings, both at the National Trust.
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2016
- Series TitleThe Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note320 color + 20 b/w illus.
- Weight2224 g
- Width241 mm
- Height292 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byDavid Adshead,David Taylor
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.