All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe village of Harefield, situated within the London Borough of Hillingdon, is a picturesque hilltop settlement on the outskirts of the bustling capital city. While the history of Harefield can be traced back to prehistoric times, its development, whether associated with Australian war dead or the phoenix-like restoration of its academy, has been a successful story of pioneering work with an international claim to fame in the medical world. The village has an array of historical buildings and artefacts, and a range of quaint pubs and inns. The series of walks described within this book provide a valuable insight into how external forces can shape the growth of a village. Local historian Geoffrey Hewlett delves into this area's past to show how Harefield has responded to the challenges cast upon its doorstep, using an inspiring collection of postcards and photographs.
- Author BiographyWell-known local historian and author, Geoffrey Hewlett has written several books for Amberley.
- Author(s)Geoffrey Hewlett
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication31/10/2013
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations (black and white, and colour)
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.