Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $89.47+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.78
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.50
About this product
- DescriptionThe Harlem Renaissance is the best kwn and most widely studied cultural movement in African American history. Now, in Harlem Renaissance Lives, esteemed scholars Henry Louis Gates Jr. and Evelyn Brooks Higginbotham have selected 300 key biographical entries culled from the eight-volume African American National Biography, providing an authoritative who's who of this seminal period. Here readers will find engagingly written and authoritative articles on table African Americans who made significant contributions to literature, drama, music, visual art, or dance, including such central figures as poet Langston Hughes, velist Zora Neale Hurston, aviator Bessie Coleman, blues singer Ma Rainey, artist Romare Bearden, dancer Josephine Baker, jazzman Louis Armstrong, and the intellectual giant W. E. B. Du Bois. Also included are biographies of people like the Scottsboro Boys, who were t active within the movement but who netheless profoundly affected the artistic and political statements that came from Harlem Renaissance figures. The volume will also feature a preface by the editors, an introductory essay by historian Cary D. Wintz, and 75 illustrations.
- Author BiographyHenry Louis Gates Jr. is the Alphonse Fletcher University Professor and Director of the W. E. B. Du Bois Institute for African and African American Research, Harvard University. Evelyn Brooks Higginbotham is Professor of History and Afro-American Studies at Harvard University and chair of the department.
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication27/03/2009
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2009
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Note75 halftones
- Weight1450 g
- Width187 mm
- Height258 mm
- Spine42 mm
- Edited byEvelyn Brooks Higginbotham,Henry Louis Gates
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.