All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis illustrated guide is packed with interesting facts and follows the history of the famous Harley-Davidson company and the development of its famous bikes, which have earned a special place in the hearts of enthusiasts everywhere. The story dates from 1903 when Bill Harley and the Davidson brothers, with thought of fame or fortune, decided to build a motorcycle that really worked. So successful was it, that it led to the gradual formation of a company that has survived through good times and bad.Through good times and bad, losing and winning back police contracts, as well as weathering various other vicissitudes, the company has achieved lasting success. In the end, Harley-Davidson came to the ultimate decision of giving its customers what they really wanted, t by providing year-on-year invations, but by remaining true to the Founders' original concept. The result, as everyone kws, are bikes of mythic status, imbued with a mysterious quality of their own and generating a passion in enthusiasts amounting almost to a love affair. The name has come to personify America and is up there alongside Coca-Cola, Ford and McDonald's.The bikes are described in detail, t only in mechanical terms, but also with glorious photographs, and will be of interest to everyone who loves motorbikes: even aficionados of Japanese and European bikes, who have never even ridden a Harley-Davidson, will be able to recognize the unique marriage of style and stalgia and the fact that there are other bikes quite like them.
- Author BiographyPeter Henshaw has for many years been a full time journalist specializing in motorcycles, and is currently editor of Motorcycle Sport & Leisure magazine. His small collection of beloved Harleys keeps him fully occupied in his spare time, as well as his keen interest in customization, and his many trips to the United States and the rest of the world has allowed him to amass a store of knowledge which has enabled him to co-write this wonderful book. He lives in Dorset, England.Ian Kerr is a full time police officer, and his keen intererst in motorcycles, Harley-Davidson in particular, has made him extremely knowledgeable, allowing him to work as a motorcycle journalist in his spare time.He lives in Buckinghamshire, England.Garry Stuart has been professionally photographing motorcycles for 20 years, and his work has been published in books and magazines on motorcycles worldwide. His main interest is to document the world of Harley-Davidson motorcycles and their riders, and for this purpose he attends rallies and events all over the USA and Europe.His photographs have illustrated over a dozen books on the subject of Harley-Davidson, and examples of his current work can be viewed on his website www.harleypics.com.
- Author(s)Ian Kerr,Peter Henshaw
- PublisherChartwell Books
- Date of Publication20/10/2015
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChartwell Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight2087 g
- Width218 mm
- Height287 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Photographer(s)Garry Stuart
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $203.71
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.84
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.93
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $69.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.