All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCruise through this collection of Harley-Davidson's most iconic motorcycles! When most people imagine a motorcycle, chances are they picture a Harley-Davidson. That's because Harley-Davidson machines look the way the primordial biker inside each of us feels a motorcycle should look. In short, Harley-Davidson makes mythic bikes. Harley-Davidson: The Complete History celebrates these iconic motorcycles, presenting them all in one beautifully illustrated book. The most beloved and recognizable motorcycles are included here: the Knucklehead, the Panhead, the Peashooter, the KR, the Sportster, the XR750, the Shovelhead, the Evolution, the Twin Cam, the V-Rod, and all the rest. Pages in the book reveal historic images as well as modern photos from the top motorcycle photographers working today. Additionally, there are chapters from some of the most celebrated motorcycle writers of all time--Peter Egan, Kevin Cameron, Ed Youngblood, Allan Girdler, Steve Anderson, and many more. All of this material combines to tell the story of every major motorcycle that Harley-Davidson has built, from the very first prototype to the Silent Gray Fellow to the latest liquid-cooled CVO Electra Glides and Softails. Harley-Davidson: The Complete History is the ultimate history of the ultimate motorcycle company.
- Author BiographyDarwin Holmstrom has written, co-written, or contributed to over thirty books on subjects ranging from motorcycles and muscle cars to Gibson Les Paul guitars, including Indian Motorcycles, GTO: Fifty Years, Let's Ride: Sonny Barger's Guide to Motorcyclying,Top Muscle: The Rarest Cars from America's Fastest Decade, BMW Motorcycles, The Harley-Davidson Motor Co. Archive Collection, and The Complete Idiot's Guide to Motorcycles. Darwin is the senior editor for Motorbooks. Prior to that he served as Midwestern editor for Motorcyclist magazine.
- Author(s)Darwin Holmstrom
- PublisherMotorbooks International
- Date of Publication19/07/2016
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Place of PublicationWisconsin
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMotorbooks International
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight2268 g
- Width248 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine33 mm
Most relevant reviews
- licensedfishing...30 Dec, 2016by
Bought this book for my friend who owns a new Harley. He loved the book.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.34Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.