All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.18
- AU $36.20Trending at AU $44.81
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.80
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.84
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $29.64
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.53
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $19.06
About this product
- DescriptionThis addition to the Badger Biographies series tells the story of four young inventors who shared a dream: to create the best motorized bicycle in America. Their turn of the century aspirations took them from a backyard machine shop to a highly successful business empire - and all in the span of just a few years. With grit, determination, and t a little elbow grease, Bill Harley and the Davidson brothers - Arthur, William, and Walter - used their engineering and machine-shop expertise to continually perfect their designs and present the best possible products to the American public. Along the way they made their mark on the racing circuit and introduced safety measures that continue to this day. After their deaths, their sons and daughters continued this legacy, buying back the company after it changed hands and re-establishing Harley-Davidson as the king of the motorcycle world. From the old Knucklehead, Panhead and Shovelhead motors to the Evolution, Revolution and Twin Cam engines that followed, the story of Harley and the Davidsons remains one of the great success stories of the 20th century.
- Author BiographyPete Barnesis a National Board certified teacherwho teaches fifth grade social studies, science, and math in New Albany, Ohio.He has written articles for youth audiences in the American history magazine Cobblestone, for educators inthe magazine, Instructor, and he writes a monthly column called Life in the Middle for the magazine, Teaching K-8. Pete has a bachelor's degreefrom The College of William and Mary and a Masters degreein education from The Ohio State University. This is his first book for children.
- Author(s)Mr Pete Barnes
- PublisherWisconsin Historical Society Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2007
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleBadger Biographies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWisconsin Historical Society Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width180 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.