All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Harley's Life' is narrated by Harley himself, a rescue dog, rejected by his original owners whilst still a puppy. Having been advertised for re-homing, he finds himself living with Ann and Derek, who have a farm. His outlook is mostly incent: he just thinks he's investigating, although part of him kws he's being naughty. 'Harley's Life' is a very real portrait of a young dog's mind as seen and interpreted by his human owners. 'Harley's Life' tells three separate stories, each representing a year in Harley's life.
- Author BiographyAnn Heselton was born in 1938 in Portsmouth and had several jobs before becoming a nurse. She met Derek, a Yorkshireman, and they were married 40 years ago. They rented a little farm, Bank Farm, Coniston Cold, and bought two gilts which started their herd of pigs and some tools they needed for farm work. Later they bought some sheep and calves from teh money they made selling the pork produced from the gilts, which were by then sows. Now semi-retired, Ann has a few sheep and two cows, each of which has a calf. Two of her hobbies are gardening and drystone walling.
- Author(s)A. Heselton
- PublisherMelrose Books
- Date of Publication01/10/2008
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationEly
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMelrose Books
- Content Notecolour illustrations
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.