Harm Reduction Psychotherapy: A New Treatment for Drug and Alcohol Problems by Jason Aronson Inc. Publishers (Paperback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.75Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by angus_robertson
- Est. delivery by 5 Mar
- AU $73.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHarm reduction is a framework for helping drug and alcohol users who cant or will t stop completely_the majority of users_reduce the harmful consequences of use. Harm reduction accepts that abstinence may be the best outcome for many but relaxes the emphasis on abstinence as the only acceptable goal and criterion of success. Instead, smaller incremental changes in the direction of reduced harmfulness of drug use are accepted. This book shows how these simple changes in emphasis and expectation have dramatic implications for improving the effectiveness of psychotherapy.
- Author BiographyAndrew Tatarsky, Ph.D., holds a doctorate in clinical psychology from City University of New York. He has a private practice in New York City specializing in harm reduction psychotherapy with drug and alcohol users and is co-director, with Dr. Mark Sehl, of the Harm Reduction Psychotherapy and Training Associates, a treatment and training organization. His perspective on substance use problems has evolved over twenty years of experience working in the area as psychotherapist, supervisor, program director, teacher, writer, and public speaker. He is a founding member and Past President of the Addiction Division of the New York State Psychological Association and Chairperson of Mental Health Professionals in Harm Reduction.
- PublisherJason Aronson Inc. Publishers
- Date of Publication10/06/2007
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationNorthvale NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJason Aronson Inc. Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight581 g
- Width155 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byAndrew Tatarsky
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $36.00
- AU $32.22Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.