All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionW. A. Mathieu, an accomplished author and recording artist, presents a way of learning music that reconnects modern-day musicians with the source from which music was originally generated. As the author states, The rules of music--including counterpoint and harmony--were t formed in our brains but in the resonance chambers of our bodies. His theory of music reconciles the ancient harmonic system of just intonation with the modern system of twelve-tone temperament. Saying that the way we think music is far from the way we do music, Mathieu explains why certain combinations of sounds are experienced by the listener as harmonious. His prose often resembles the rhythms and cadences of music itself, and his many musical examples allow readers to discover their own musical responses.
- Author BiographyW. A. Mathieu is the author of The Listening Book and The Musical Life. His compositions and solo piano music have been extensively recorded. He lives in Sebastopol, California, where he writes, composes, and teaches.
- Author(s)W.A. Mathieu
- PublisherInner Traditions Bear and Company
- Date of Publication01/04/1997
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationRochester
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInner Traditions Bear and Company
- Content Note100 musical examples
- Weight1754 g
- Width279 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Edition, Second Printing with Additions and Corrections
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $53.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.