All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume in the Swedish Studies in European Law series, produced by the Swedish Network for European Legal Studies, heralds the new harmonised regime of private enforcement of EU competition law. In 2013, the Commission issued a Communication and Practical Guide to the quantification of harm in antitrust litigation and a Recommendation on collective redress. In 2014, the long-awaited Directive on actions for damages for infringements of EU competition law was finally adopted. In 2016, the Commission is expected to issue guidelines on the passing-on of overcharges. This book examines these recent developments and offers the perspectives of judges, officials, practitioners and academics. With a preface by Judge Carl Wetter of the General Court, the book explores five different themes. In section one, the main policy issues and challenges are presented. In section two, the new regime is placed in the bigger picture of recent EU law developments. In section three, the nexus between private enforcement and transparency is investigated. A comparative perspective is offered in section four by looking into private enforcement in five Member State jurisdictions. Finally, issues relating to causation, harm and indirect purchasers are explored in section five.
- Author BiographyMaria Bergstrom is Associate Professor of European Law, Marios Iacovides is a Doctoral Candidate in European Law and Magnus Strand is Doctor of Laws in European Law, all at Uppsala University.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication14/01/2016
- SubjectEU Law: Professional
- Series TitleSwedish Studies in European Law
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHart Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight708 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byMagnus Strand,Maria Bergstrom,Marios Iacovides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $23.00New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.26Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.