All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDegenerate and singular parabolic equations have been the subject of extensive research for the last 25 years. Despite important achievements, the issue of the Harnack inequality for n-negative solutions to these equations, both of p-Laplacian and porous medium type, while raised by several authors, has remained basically open. Recently considerable progress has been made on this issue, to the point that, except for the singular sub-critical range, both for the p-laplacian and the porous medium equations, the theory is reasonably complete. It seemed therefore timely to trace a comprehensive overview, that would highlight the main issues and also the problems that still remain open. The authors give a comprehensive treatment of the Harnack inequality for n-negative solutions to p-laplace and porous medium type equations, both in the degenerate (p2 or m1) and in the singular range (1p<2 or 0m<1), starting from the tion of solution and building all the necessary technical tools. The book is self-contained. Building on a similar mograph by the first author, the authors of the present book focus entirely on the Harnack estimates and on their applications: indeed a number of kwn regularity results are given a new proof, based on the Harnack inequality. It is addressed to all professionals active in the field, and also to advanced graduate students, interested in understanding the main issues of this fascinating research field.
- Author(s)Emmanuele DiBenedetto,Ugo Pietro Gianazza,Vincenzo Vespri
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication25/01/2014
- Series TitleSpringer Monographs in Mathematics
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight450 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.