All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRevising her classic 1989 book Harps and Harpists, Roslyn Rensch expands her authoritative history of this timeless instrument. This lavishly illustrated edition, with 137 black-and-white images and 24 color plates, surveys the progress of the harp from antiquity to the present day. The new edition includes two new chapters; an extensive bibliography and index; personal anecdotes of the author's studies under Alberto Salvi; and an appendix on the Roslyn Rensch Papers and Harp Collection, which are housed at the University of Illiis-Urbana-Champaign.
- Author BiographyRoslyn Rensch, musician and art historian, studied harp with Alberto Salvi and Joseph Vito. She is author of The Harp; The Harp, Its History, Technique and Repertoire; and most recently, Three Centuries of Harpmaking.
- Author(s)Roslyn Rensch
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication12/07/2007
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note24 color illus., 137 b&w illus.
- Weight1162 g
- Width185 mm
- Height259 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $19.32Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.71Trending at AU $41.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.