All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionRugged actor Harrison Ford has been labeled one of the top 100 movie stars of all time, the sexiest man alive, the richest male actor, and the actor who has grossed more in the box office than any other in the history of film, yet he still has the appeal of an average guy, a hero to whom the common man can relate. He has worked in more than 40 films, as well as narration, documentaries, award shows, tributes, and television appearances, winning more than two-dozen awards, including the Lifetime Achievement award in 2000. This biographical examination thoroughly covers his life and career, concentrating most heavily on his films.The work begins with Ford's early life: his birth in 1942, early stage work, and his first film role (uncredited in 1966's Dead Heat on a Merry-Go-Round ). Throughout, significant events in Ford's personal life are woven into the examination of his career. The main body of the work deals with his efforts in the film industry, covering in great detail such movies as American Graffiti , the Star Wars movies, Heroes , The Frisco Kid , Haver Street , Blade Runner , Regarding Henry , The Fugitive , Sabrina , Air Force One , and K-19 , concluding with the Indiana Jones movie slated for 2006.Over 30 films are closely examined, from their inceptions, writing, casting, sets, shooting schedules, stunts, Ford's workouts, filming obstacles, clashes of personality, the films' openings, box-office earnings, controversies, and reviews. Each film's discussion is bolstered by many quotes from crew and cast, including Ford, and often includes intimate anecdotes. The work also mentions Ford's efforts for conservation (and hors: species of ant and of spider have been named after him), love of flying and carpentry, and present roles as boyfriend to Calista Flockhart and loving grandfather. The work is illustrated with a wide range of stills and concludes with a bibliography and filmography.
- Author BiographyBrad Duke lives in Upton, Massachusetts.
- Author(s)Brad Duke
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/10/2008
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Notephotos, notes, filmography, bibliography, index
- Weight612 g
- Width181 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.