All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHarry Graf Kessler s (18681937) impact on the visual arts of his time can hardly be overestimated. Auguste Rodin, Henry van de Velde, Aristide Maillol, Paul Signac and Maurice Denis were among Kessler s closest acquaintances. The art dealers Paul Durand-Ruel, Ambroise Vollard and Eugene Druet stood by his side in an advisory capacity whenever it was necessary to organize exhibitions in the German Empire with the works of the French Modernists or to arrange painting sales. For the first time, this volume earnestly deals with questions about how Kessler discovered his passion for art and which literary, cultural and philosophical sources nurtured his diverse kwledge. Kessler s active collecting habits, as well as his significant commitment as a patron, provide further emphases for the essays. The title includes articles in English, German and French language.
- Author BiographyJulia Drost is an art historian, and head of the support program for young researchers at the Deutsches Forum fur Kunstgeschichte. Alexandre Kostka is a cultural historian, Co-Director of the so-called Erasmus Mundus Master Programs Euroculture, and a Professor at Universite de Strasbourg.
- PublisherDeutscher Kunstverlag
- Date of Publication01/05/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitlePassagen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDeutscher Kunstverlag
- Width171 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byAlexandre Kostka,Julia Drost
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.77Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.