All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA joyful, uplifting story of times gone by from the internationally acclaimed author of Skellig, illustrated in full colour by the award-winning illustrator of A Walk in London. Liam just wants to go out running with his mates - it's t long till the Junior Great North Run, and there's training to be done. But Mam needs him today, to help old Harry clear out his house. Harry kws a thing or two about running. When he was a lad, he says, he ran all the way from Newcastle to South Shields. But Harry, says Mam, that's thirteen miles! Harry grins. Different times, he says. This is the story of that day: of sweltering heat, clattering boots, briny sea air and the heavenly taste of ice cream; the day when Harry and his pals ran and ran and ran through the blazing sunlight all the way to the sea.
- Author BiographyDavid Almond is the acclaimed author of many award-winning novels for children such as Skellig, Kit's Wilderness and My Name Is Mina, and has collaborated with artists Polly Dunbar, Dave McKean and Oliver Jeffers on fiction for younger readers. David's books sell all over the world, and in 2011 he was the recipient of the prestigious Hans Christian Andersen Award. He lives in Hexham, Northumberland; for more info visit www.davidalmond.com
- Author(s)David Almond
- PublisherWalker Books Ltd
- Date of Publication08/10/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWalker Books Ltd
- Content Noteillustrated in full colour
- Weight330 g
- Width178 mm
- Height217 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Illustrator(s)Salvatore Rubbino
- Interest AgeFrom 7
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.