Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $178.29Trending at AU $199.99
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.55
- AU $26.36Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.30
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.35
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $52.70
- AU $14.90Trending at AU $23.71
About this product
- DescriptionThis special edition of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire has a gorgeous new cover illustration by Kazu Kibuishi. Inside is the full text of the original vel, with decorations by Mary GrandPre. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire is the pivotal fourth vel in the seven-part tale of Harry Potter's training as a wizard and his coming of age. Harry wants to get away from the pernicious Dursleys and go to the International Quidditch Cup with Hermione, Ron, and the Weasleys. He wants to dream about Cho Chang, his crush (and maybe do more than dream). He wants to find out about the mysterious event involving two other rival schools of magic, and a competition that hasn't happened for a hundred years. He wants to be a rmal, fourteen-year-old wizard. Unfortunately for Harry Potter, he's t rmal -- even by wizarding standards. And in this case, different can be deadly.
- Author BiographyJ. K. Rowling is the author of the beloved, bestselling, record-breaking Harry Potter series. She started writing the series during a delayed Manchester to London King's Cross train journey, and during the next five years, outlined the plots for each book and began writing the first novel. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone was published in the United States by Arthur A. Levine Books in 1998, and the series concluded nearly ten years later with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, published in 2007. J. K. Rowling is the recipient of numerous awards and honorary degrees including an OBE for services to children's literature, France's Legion d'Honneur, and the Hans Christian Andersen Literature Award. She supports a wide number of causes through her charitable trust Volant, and is the founder of Lumos, a charity working to transform the lives of disadvantaged children. J. K. Rowling lives in Edinburgh with her husband and three children. Kazu Kibuishi is the creator of the New York Times bestselling Amulet series and Copper, a collection of his popular webcomic. He is also the founder and editor of the acclaimed Flight anthologies. Daisy Kutter: The Last Train, his first graphic novel, was listed as one of the Best Books for Young Adults by YALSA, and Amulet, Book One: The Stonekeeper was an ALA Best Book for Young Adults and a Children's Choice Book Award finalist. Kazu lives and works in Alhambra, California, with his wife and fellow comics artist, Amy Kim Kibuishi, and their two children. Visit Kazu online at www.boltcity.com. Mary GrandPre has illustrated more than twenty beautiful books for children, including the American editions of the Harry Potter novels. Her work has also appeared in the New Yorker, the Atlantic Monthly, and the Wall Street Journal, and her paintings and pastels have been shown in galleries across the United States. Ms. GrandPre lives in Sarasota, Florida, with her family.
- PublisherTurtleback Books
- Date of Publication27/08/2013
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleHarry Potter
- Series Part/Volume Number4
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTurtleback Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight676 g
- Width132 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Illustrator(s)J K Rowling,Kazu Kibuishi
- Format DetailsLibrary binding,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.