Save on a similar product
Shop a related product
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPrepare to be spellbound by Jim Kay's dazzling depiction of the wizarding world and much loved characters in this full-colour illustrated hardback edition of the nation's favourite children's book - Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. Brimming with rich detail and humour that perfectly complements J.K. Rowling's timeless classic, Jim Kay's glorious illustrations will captivate fans and new readers alike. When a letter arrives for unhappy but ordinary Harry Potter, a decade-old secret is revealed to him that apparently he's the last to kw. His parents were wizards, killed by a Dark Lord's curse when Harry was just a baby, and which he somehow survived. Leaving his unsympathetic aunt and uncle for Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Harry stumbles upon a sinister mystery when he finds a three-headed dog guarding a room on the third floor. Then he hears of a missing stone with astonishing powers, which could be valuable, dangerous - or both. An incredible adventure is about to begin!
- Author BiographyJ.K. Rowling is the author of the record-breaking, multi-award-winning Harry Potter novels. Loved by fans around the world, the series has sold over 450 million copies, been translated into 78 languages, and made into 8 blockbuster films. She has written three companion volumes in aid of charity: Quidditch Through the Ages and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (in aid of Comic Relief), and The Tales of Beedle the Bard (in aid of Lumos), as well as a film script inspired by Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. In 2012, J.K. Rowling's digital company Pottermore was launched, where fans can enjoy her new writing and immerse themselves deeper in the wizarding world. J.K. Rowling has written a novel for adult readers, The Casual Vacancy, and also writes crime novels under the pseudonym Robert Galbraith. As well as receiving an OBE for services to children's literature, she has received many awards and honours, including France's Legion d'honneur and the Hans Christian Andersen Award. Jim Kay won the Kate Greenaway Medal in 2012 for his illustrations in A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness. He studied illustration at the University of Westminster, and worked in the Library & Archives of Tate Britain and then as an assistant curator of botanical illustrations at the Royal Botanic Gardens at Kew before returning to producing art full-time. After a one-man exhibition at Richmond Gallery he was approached by a publisher and his freelance career began. Alongside his illustration work, Jim has produced concept work for film and television, and contributed to the group exhibition Memory Palace at the V&A museum in London. The Illustrated Edition of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone was published to international acclaim. Bloomsbury has commissioned Jim to illustrate all seven books in J.K. Rowling's classic series. Jim lives and works in Northamptonshire with his partner.
- PrizesShortlisted for British Book Industry Awards Children's Book of the Year 2016.
- Author(s)J. K. Rowling
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication06/10/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Weight1546 g
- Width226 mm
- Height267 mm
- Illustrator(s)Jim Kay
- Edition StatementIllustrated edition
- Interest AgeFrom 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.