All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHarry the Hyp-potamus is a collection of metaphorical stories that rely on hypsis and other relaxation techniques to deal with a wide variety of physical and behavioural problems faced by children of all ages. The 32 illustrated stories feature animals in the Ashland Zoo that rely on the guidance and support of Dr. Dan, the zoo's vet, to help master their problems. Embedded in each story is a metaphor as well as hyptherapeutic techniques to be used as part of a comprehensive approach to diagsis and treatment. The book also includes an invaluable section for the clinician that explains how to use the stories in practice and how they should be presented to children. This is a most engaging collection of stories that is sure to help with many of the physical and emotional problems of childhood.
- Author BiographyLinda Thompson is a pediatric nurse practitioner. Certified as an approved Consultant in Clinical Hypnosis by the American Society of Clinical Hypnosis she incorporates hypnosis into her practice to help children help themselves with a variety of physical and emotional problems.
- Author(s)Linda Thomson
- PublisherCrown House Publishing
- Date of Publication26/06/2011
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationCarmarthen
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCrown House Publishing
- Weight522 g
- Width267 mm
- Height193 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.